My new favorite thing to do is wear sweaters over dresses. A cropped sweater is even better to pair with a flowy dress like this one. It’s one of the newest and easiest trends this fall. Why get rid of all your summer dresses when all you have to do is pair it with some jeans, boots, and throw on a cardi? Innovation at its best ladies.This post is a more girly take on this Anthropologie cropped sweater but trust me I have a post coming soon for all you tomboyish peeps out there. Just don’t forget to Subscribe or like my Facebook page to keep updated with all things Karissa Marie!
Tip of the Day! Play around with your wardrobe, look at your older pieces and merge them into your newer ones. All of the possibilities will surprise you. Have fun with what you have and try not to stress about buying more clothes because trust me, I’m sure you have plenty. Blast some music and put on a fashion show for yourself. I’m sure you’ll come up with some great outfit ideas! But in the meantime, here’s some inspiration.
Cropped Sweater | Dress |
Follow me around. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Easily the two things that I can’t live without most days. My magazine and my pair of converse shoes. It’s funny because they both seem completely opposite from one another but that’s just me. I’m a little bit of everything. I get most of my inspiration from fashion magazines. That’s the main reason I’d love to work for one some day. I find some sort of idea on every page. Whether it’s fashion, makeup, hair or even life tips, you can find it all in one small book. Magazines are sacred. It takes a lot for me to throw one away because it’s like throwing away diamonds. Too much beauty in one small thing. Look at me, I’m such a fashion blogger. Whatever, I like what I like okay? I couldn’t imagine a life without em. There’s something magical when I throw on my pair of dirty converse after wearing my Zara heels all day and hopping on the couch and reading a magazine. It’s my happy place for sure. It’s my way of saying “DO NOT DISTURB,” I’m in my own little world.
Top | Jeans | Lipstick “Divine Wine” by Maybelline
Follow me around. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
This outfit may be perfect for fall but I’m a dummy and wore it on a day that felt like summer. Denver won’t make up its mind. It’s 90 degrees one day and 50 degrees the next. This outfit is slightly out of my comfort zone. I say “slightly” because I would honestly wear just about anything but I’m just someone who loves her bold and boxy outfits way more than the flow-ey, relaxed silhouettes. (Actually, it depends on the day. I have fashion bipolar disorder.) I like my straight edges and this outfit is definitely “hippy-er” than what I’m used to. With that said, I’m always incorporating femininity into my looks. I’m a girly girl and we all know that. This girly skirt has been in my closet for I don’t even know how long. I don’t reach for it often but when I do, it never disappoints. Girls love their polka dots. Why? Because polka dots are like sunshine. That’s why.
Hat | Top (similar) | Shoes (similar) | Skirt (similar) |Lipstick-” Faint For Fuchsia” by Maybelline
Follow me around. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
25 fun facts about Wyatt and I.
- We started dating on March 4th, 2009. (5.5 years ago, ca-razy!)
- Said our “I loves you’s” two weeks later. (Hey, we obviously meant it.)
- Our favorite T.V. show is Big Bang Theory.
- Wyatt loves his mornings and I love my nights. Early bird + insomniac = true love
- My biggest pet peeve about him is that he’s constantly do weird things with his mouth.
- His biggest pet peeve about me is…he apparently can’t think of one right now. (mmm-hmm sure)
- Wyatt’s a CLEAN FREAK and I, sadly, am the messy one.
- Calling us dog lovers is an understatement.
- Karissa- Optimistic Wyatt- Realistic
- We’re completely opposite people down to the smallest things.
- But our morals and values are identical.
- He eats chicken & veggies all day long while I’m over here eating hot fries & chocolate strawberries.
- I’m the funny one in this relationship. (He won’t like that one, but its true.)
- He’s more scared of spiders than I am.
- Steve Carrell is our favorite.
- I sing to him in the car (totally off key) daily.
- Wyatt has the best luck and I definitely don’t.
- He taught me how to drive a stick shift in a black slug bug when we were 15 in the middle of no where.
- We laugh more than we breathe.
- Wyatt’s a Taurus and I’m a Virgo.
- I still wear my promise ring that he gave me 4.5 years ago.
- Our favorite thing to do is dinner and a movie.
- Our nicknames are so embarrassingly cute. I dont even know why I’m typing this right now. We call each other Booger Sugar, or Sugar Booger. Oh gosh, I’m gonna regret that one.
- He took me on a helicopter ride around our city and had “Prom?” in lights on the ground. (Spoiled? Yes.)
- We’re each others best best friends and we love each other unconditionally.
Another fact, Aspen from Aspen Groen Media took these breathtaking photos. I adore them. She captured us impeccably. I can’t wait to look back, 80 years from now, and look at these photos and know exactly where we were at in our lives and in our relationship. He’s my best friend. I love him and I love these photos. Thank you Aspen. Check her stuff out —> Facebook | Website
My Dress | His Top
Follow me around. Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
From the dark lip, the boots, and the purse to match it’s officially a typical fall outfit. Sorry. I can’t help myself sometimes. I think this look is great for almost every type of girl. A country girl like Jessie James would rock this and even someone like Kylie Jenner could pull this off as well. It has a little bit of everything but still so simple at the same time. To be honest, at first I wasn’t happy with this look but then I realized I didn’t have any lipstick on. LIPSTICK CHANGES EVERYTHING. Am I right ladies, or am I right? If you still haven’t taken a dip in the lipstick pool, I suggest you do that…yesterday. Lipstick pulls a basic outfit together and completes the entire look oh so effortlessly. Not to mention the confidence it gives. Give a girl some lipstick and she will conquer the world.
Follow me around. Like my Facebook (here)
Boots | Top | Skirt | Purse (Hopes) | Lipstick (Divine Wine by Maybelline)
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter